Hyde Park Theatre develops
writers, designers, directors, and actors from within the Austin
community, while at the same time producing works by exciting
new and established voices of the alternative theatre scene. We
will work with a broad and diverse base of local artists to produce
theater that confronts, challenges, and entertains. We have a
strong commitment to paying local writers, actors, and designers
a decent wage for their work, and to expanding the base of working
artists in Austin. We hope to diversify and expand the audience
for theater in Austin, making theater accessible and essential
across lines of income, class, race, gender, and sexual preference.
Our goals include:
- - producing Southwest and world premieres of the best of the world's new alternative theatre, as well as those
classic works of alternative theater that still have the power
to challenge modern audiences.
- - to add to the canon of American theatre by creating,
developing, and producing new plays by local and national writers.
- Hyde Park Theatre also produces FronteraFest,
a five-week city-wide unjuried fringe festival featuring over
800 local and national artists annually.
- Hyde Park Theatre welcomes your support! In addition
to making Hyde Park Theatre your first choice in theatrical entertainment,
we cordially invite you to donate
time or money.
- In addition to the generous support we receive
from generous theatre patrons like you, Hyde Park Theatre has
been funded by the City of Austin, The Texas Commission on the
Arts, The National Endowment for the Arts, The Greg and Mari Marchbanks
Family Foundation, Ben Willie Darrell East Austin Youth Fund,
Rockerfeller Multi-Arts Production Fund, Pew Charitable Trusts,
and individual contributions.
We would especially appreciate:
- Free rehearsal, shop, or storage space
- Mac computers, scanner, laser printer, slide
scanner, digital camera
- Copier, fax machine
- Lighting and sound equipment
- In kind gifts of printing, copying, film
- The services of skilled plumbers, carpenters,
electricians, or audio-visual professionals